Welcome to the New JACC
The New Juneau Arts and Cultural Center proudly features stunning views of Mt. Roberts and Mt. Juneau captured through large windows on all sides of the building and an outdoor courtyard adjacent to Centennial Hall. The Center’s main entrance will be on Whittier Street, enabling easy visits to the APK State Library, Archives and Museum and KTOO Public Media Center across the street. Accessibility by car with a pull-out, a wide overhang to protect people from wind and rain as they enter and exit, and outdoor tables were among the many features promoted by local citizens and artists during community meetings in the design stage.
The New Juneau Arts and Culture Center includes the following spaces:
- A 299-seat Theater along with a Green Room and Dressing Rooms for artists’ preparation and a scene shop
- Visual Arts Gallery
- Large Community Hall
- An Event Studio for smaller productions
- Temperature and humidity controlled closet for a new grand piano to be donated through the efforts of local Juneau musicians
- Café and Gift Shop
- Seminar Room for classes and workshops
- Sound Studio similar to the current second floor studio in the JACC
- Suite of staff and rental offices on the second floor
- Outdoor Courtyard facing Centennial Hall, and a storage and loading dock.